My research in this area aims to abstract the key essence of these problems to reveal fundamental performance limits and connections to a priori unrelated fields. In addition, I investigate novel regularisers and priors that can be used in practical localisation and mapping algorithms.
- A. Scholefield A. Ghasemi and M. Vetterli. Bound and conquer: Improving triangulation by enforcing consistency; IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence; 2019.
- F. Dümbgen et. al. Multi-Modal Probabilistic Indoor Localization on a Smartphone; IEEE International Conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation (IPIN), 2019.
- G. Baechler, F. Dümbgen, G. Elhami, M. Krekovic, R. Scheibler, A. Scholefield, M. Vetterli. Combining Range and Direction for Improved Localization; IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), 2018.
- A. Ghasemi, A. Scholefield, M. Vetterli. Shape: Linear-time camera pose estimation with quadratic error-decay; IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), 2016.
- A. Ghasemi, A. Scholefield, M. Vetterli. On the accuracy of point localisation in a circular camera-array; IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP), 2015.